Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cinnamon Cheesecake Swirled Blondies

I haven't baked forever (stupid work, keeping me busy) and couldn't wait to whip up some goodies this morning. I had half a block of cream cheese that needed to be used up and decided to experiment a bit and add a Cheesecake Swirl to a slight variation of my Basic Blondie recipe.

The results were great, even though the colors of the cheesecake swirl and the blondies blend together so it is hard to distinguish between the two visually. The cinnamon in the Cheesecake swirl was not overpowering and complimented the cinnamon chips and the hint of cinnamon I added to the blondie recipe nicely.

These were really good warm with a scoop of cinnamon icecream and warm carmel sauce drizzled over the top. MMM.

Cinnamon Cheesecake Swirled Blondies
6 TBS butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Hershey's Brand Cinnamon Chips (optional, white chocolate chips or walnuts would be good as well)

Cinnamon Cheesecake Swirl
5 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
2 TBS flour
1 tsp pure Vanilla
1 egg yolk

In bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, flour and vanilla beat until smooth. Add egg yolk and beat just until combined. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350.
Line an 8x8 pan with foil and lightly spray with PAM.
In a large microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 mintues.

Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour baking powder and cinnamon.
Mix in Cinnamon Chips and/or nuts or other chips (if using)

Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Dollup cinnamon cream cheese mixture over blondie batter in pan.
Run a knife through the blondie and cheesecake layers to create a pattern or swirls.

Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle. (I baked for 27 minutes)Cool on rack before cutting.



13 comments:

MrsSchoon said...

Mmm, these do look good!

Erin said...

You continue to amaze me with your delicious sweets! These look crazy delicious!!

Ally said...

Amazing! Just beautiful!

Brilynn said...

Those sound awesome! I've been craving blondies for a while now and I think these just pushed me over the edge, I have to make some.

Anonymous said...

Heya!

I'd love to feature your recipe and website at an online magazine that I write for. Could you drop me an email? (I couldn't find an email listed on your blog)

Thanks!!
Ali - divinedomesticity@gmail.com

test it comm said...

Those look nice and moist and good!

Anonymous said...

You and you're amazing blondies! mmmm.. I LOVE cinnamon too! One of my FAVORTE flavors. I'll have to try to make these after Easter so I can eat some!!

~Amber~ said...

These sound and look amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

These look fantastic, Cinnamon and Blondie together I will have to make these!

Deborah said...

These sound great! I actually have some cream cheese that needs to be used up before too long...

Jaime said...

yum! i love the idea of cinnamon and cheesecake in your blondies!

nicole said...

These were good.

Jendeis said...

Came here from Blissfully Domestic. These look so yummy!