Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Savory Snack

While I love sweet treats, as demonstrated by the majority of the recipes in my blog, every now and then I crave something savory or salty to munch on. These crackers are perfect for those times when you need a little something to satisfy your hunger.

I love to serve these crackers as a snack when I have company but these are also the perfect addition to a bowl of chili, chicken noodle soup, creamy tomato soup or as a side with a sandwich or panini instead of potato chips. I am not sure they are healthier than potato chips but they are a nice change of pace.

Hidden Valley Ranch Crackers
16 oz. Oyster Crackers (I used about 5 cups)
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1oz. package Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp dried Dill (my addition)
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (my addition)

Preheat oven to 250.
In a very large bowl stir together oil, seasoning mix, dill weed and garlic powder. Add crackers and gently toss to evenly coat.
Spread crackers evenly on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring gently after 10 minutes to ensure even browning.

Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet. Store in air tight container.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love ranch! These looks really good. I'll have to rememeber to make them for my next party!

~Amber~ said...

These are always a winner in my book. I love ranch and I love crackers, put them together and you have one great snack.

Kayte said...

these look so yummy! i haven't tried them yet, but i really want to. your picture looks so great!

Sarah said...

I love these! My mom used to make them around Christmas time. The dressing mix is also good on pretzels.

Jaime said...

i saw these in another blog (amber's maybe???) and have been dying to try them! they look great!