Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Favorite Cookie

EVER!!
Monster Cookies!
I am a lover of cookies. I love trying new recipes, but this one I crave more than all the others. I love the combination of Peanut butter and Oatmeal. I am not sure why they are called Monster Cookies, that is what my mom always called them.
I love this recipe for looks, texture and definately taste!

This recipe is so versitile and you can really make it your own (just like the Basic Blondies)! The peanut butter taste is not overwhelming but provides a subtle backround flavor that pairs nicely with whatever you choose to stir into this recipe. The oatmeal provides a great texture without being too grainy as some can be. These are enjoyed by adults and kids alike!

Monster Cookies
½ cup butter, room temp
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/8 cup vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I like Creamy)
1 tsp baking soda
4 ½ cups oatmeal (quick cooking or old fashioned)
Add-ins should equal 1 -2 cups total:
(I used 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces Holiday Edition)
chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
butterscotch chips
PB chips
M&M's
Reese's Pieces
Nuts (walnuts, peanuts, pecans)
Raisins
Craisins
Preheat oven to 350.
In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
Add Peanut Butter and baking soda. Beat until combined.
Slowly add oatmeal. Blend in as much as you can with mixer and fold in the rest by hand along with your choice of Add-ins.
Drop on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown and just set around edges. Cool on counter. Store in tupperware with slice of bread (not touching cookies) to keep soft and chewy for a few days.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

you know, i've never had a monster cookie before! i don't know why, because they have everything i love in them (minus the nuts!). thanks for sharing this recipe :)